The girl from Ipanema

                         

                             

Ahhhh Brazil! The moment I landed, I knew I was going to like it there. 
The streets of Rio De Janiero were buzzing with excitement and you could feel the infectious energy even from the inside of the car--people drinking beer on every street corner, juice stands every few blocks and a very cool beach scene! 

We spent 5 nights in Rio, 2 nights in a small beach side town in Buzios and then one last night in Rio!  Highlights include: sipping on Caipirinha's ( traditional Brazilian cocktails), accidentally booking a hotel in the Favela (but liking it!), hang gliding off a cliff and landing on the beach ( no big deal), meeting up with an old roommate from NYC, trying the best coconut water I have ever tasted, eating "chicken hearts" (actually), learning to say cheers in Portuguese (chi chi!), spending a night with some locals (in their favela home- sorry mom), and taking in as much as the culture as I could.

I can't wait to go back when I have more time to see other parts of the country....perhaps during Carnival ;)!


No comments: