No Dough Pizza


Pizza, to me, is essential in life/considered a food group. In the summertime, my family and I (fine- just my mom) make homemade pizzas every Sunday and it is my favorite part of the summer. Paired with a glass of Merlot or Malbec, that my friends, is my definition of bliss. 

As much as I would love to eat Pizza everyday, I am not one of those girls that can eat whatever she wants and not feel/see the consequences. When I saw all the hype surrounding Cauliflower Pizza, I decided I HAD to try it out!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
-2 heads of cauliflower
-A few dahes of Oregano
-1 few dashes of Parmesan Cheese
-Slices of Cheese ( I used mozzarella) 
-1 cup of Tomato Sauce ( I made fresh tomato sauce!)
-2 Eggs
-1 tablespoon of Quinoa Flour
-2 Tomatoes
-Cut up Chorizio
-1/4 of an Onion
-1 tablespoon of Garlic Powder
-A few dashes of Salt & Pepper
-1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds

*You can use any toppings you want, I just decided on Tomatoes, Cheese and Chorizio

      

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop up your cauliflower into small pieces and place it in a blender! I used a magic bullet so had to do little bits at a time. I also added a few drops of water to get things moving. Blend until it is pureed. 
3. Place the pureed cauliflower mixture onto a plate and place paper towels over it to get rid of the excess water from the cauliflower. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! ( I went through a lot of paper towels!)
4. Let the cauliflower sit with the paper towels over it for about a half hour
5. Discard any left over cauliflower liquid by turning the plate upside down with the paper towel on top of it
6. Move the purree mix into a large bowl, add the eggs, a few dashes of oregano, salt and pepper, garlic powder, some Parmesan  the Quinoa flour and the Chia seeds ( the Chia seeds are necessary but I found that they helped to thicken the dough) 
7. Mix together until it is blended in
8. Spread the “dough” into either 1 large pizza shape or 2 small pizza rounds on a lightly greased (coconut oil) pizza pan 
9. Do not spread the  “dough” too thin as the moisture will cause it the crack. 
10. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Once you see the top turning a bit of a golden colour, you can take it out!
11. Remove the crust from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes. 
12. Add all of your favourite toppings! In my case, tomatoes, mozzarella, chorizio!
13. Place the pizzas back into the oven for another 15 minutes! During the last few minutes, change your oven settings to BROIL to make sure the top is thoroughly cooked. 
14. EAT UP!!!!


No comments: