joy in joyce

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Special things happened in Hong Kong and one of them was being able to see the Joyce 40th anniversary exhibition "A Journey in Fashion" which is being shown in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Paris.

The exhibition featured designs from Rick Owens, YSL, Proenza Schouler...to name a few. Each designer picked a piece to showcase and most of the pieces were from the first collection each of them sold to Joyce (iconic department store in Hong Kong-basically first store to bring luxury brands to Hong Kong). Some of the pieces shown were from collections as early as the 80's-hello amazing!

I had to pinch myself at one point because there were certain pieces that I just couldn't believe I was looking at in person (leather pants by Karl Lagerfeld from 1984!). Also couldn't believe all the stylish Asians also at the exhibit...or just in the streets of Hong Kong in general. Their style is just so different than anything you see on North American turf. I slowly developed a staring problem by the end of my time in the amazing city that is Hong Kong. I love that city beyond words. I also loved the exhibit beyond words too.

1 comment:

veronicaa said...

I love these pics I am so jealous you got to experience this! Hope you are having an amazing time and your outfit from the rocky horror picture show is STUNNING you look AMAZING!!

Kisses
Veronica
http://fashi0npassi0n.blogspot.com